The kids are out of school now and you may be thinking about a family vacation and I want to give you a few ideas and organizing tips to make your trip fun and relaxing! I know when it comes to packing for a trip, some people tend to pack additional items that they do not need. I have a list of a few items that are very useful and will help you keep your packing organized and to a minimum.
- Have a 4 part car charger which will come in very handy if you are taking a driving vacation and your family needs to charge up their phones, tablets, iPods etc.
- Mesh pouches are a great way to keep your makeup, medicine, and electronics organized and clean.
- There are many different styles of pill box holders so find one that works for your medication schedule and it can keep your medicine organized and easy to travel with.
- Hanging toiletry bags are great to bring into the bathroom and it will keep your jewelry and makeup organized when you are sharing the space with family members on your trip.
- I know charging cords get tangled up when they are all put together and there are some great cord wraps that will keep your cords separate and not tangled.
- If you are driving across country or traveling by water, purchasing some motion sickness bands are a must for people who have a hard time dealing with long car rides or the motion of waves.
- In case of a medical emergency having a first aid case to bring in the car is a great idea. Or if you need something more compact there are mini first aid kits available. This is a must on many of the trips and especially if you are traveling with kids but I know many adults that need it more than kids sometimes!
Taking a vacation should be a relaxing time and a chance to “vacate” from work and school for a little bit and enjoy yourself with your family and friends. Some of these organizing items can be found at your local retail stores, online or The Container Store. If your kids are going away to a summer camp, these items may be on the camps packing list so you will be all set. When you are on vacation you may realize that all you really need are your sunglasses and a good book! Enjoy your summer and I know you will make a lifetime of memories!